If you’ve ever played a console game, you’ve probably heard the term ‘jailbreak.’ However, if you are unfamiliar with the word, allow us to simplify it for you. When the term is broken down into two terms, ‘jail’ refers to a prison or a restricted area, while ‘break’ refers to the act of breaking something.
PS4 jailbreak, on the other hand, refers to changing the PS4 console in order to expand its capabilities by issuing specified commands in a specific order. This post will explain what a PS4 jailbreak is, its benefits and drawbacks, and how to do it.
Why would you want to jailbreak your PlayStation 4?
Jailbreaking the PS4 was not easy in the early years after its release, but as a rule of thumb, as a device becomes older, jailbreaking becomes easier.
While downloading and installing specific games or their materials on your PS4, you may encounter Sony’s restrictions, and it’s understandable that you don’t appreciate such roadblocks to your enjoyment. However, jailbreaking your PS4 removes all of these limitations and allows you to install games from a USB drive. Additionally, you can save your games to the PS4 HDD or External HDD-3.0. We offer a PS4 hacks tutorial for you to get the most of your gaming experience. It will provide you with additional capability for your device that is unrestricted.
Is it possible to jailbreak a PlayStation 4?
First and foremost, keep in mind that jailbreaking your PS4 is an unofficial process that voids your warranty. You won’t be able to get a warranty if you jailbreak your PS4. As a result, you should only consider jailbreaking your PS4 if you have exhausted all other options.
Jailbreaking entails making a few software changes to the system. PS4 customers choose it when they want to download and install games that cost a lot of money without having to pay for them. Jailbreaking your PS4 allows you to download games and related stuff for free, but it also voids your warranty!
Before you can jailbreak your PS4, you must first determine the software version of your console. It’s crucial because the jailbreak is only available for versions 6.72 and lower. You’ll have a difficult time jailbreaking your PS4 if it has a higher software version.
How do you jailbreak a PlayStation 4?
Jailbreaking PS4 for consoles with software versions less than 6.72 is publicly available, as previously stated. However, it is still unofficial and unlawful. Without further ado, let’s take a look at how to jailbreak your PS4 and what you’ll need to do it.
Sony recently released PS4 software version 8.03, and as we previously stated, it is impossible to jailbreak or hack any new software. It’s best not to be fooled by anyone who claims to have jailbreak methods for the latest version because that’s a ruse!
It would be beneficial if you were extremely cautious when beginning the process of jailbreaking your PS4, since one incorrect file could result in the loss of your console.
All you need for a PS4 jailbreak is a USB with at least 1GB of free space and a PS4 console that is compatible with the custom software. Finally, you’ll need a file extraction application such as WinRAR.
Since we have covered the basic information about PS4 jailbreaking, let’s move onto the steps that you need to follow to attempt PS4 jailbreak;
- As mentioned earlier, you can perform PS4 jailbreak on a specific version only, so make sure that your PS4 console has 6.72v or less, or else jailbreaking would not make any sense. You can confirm your PS4’s firmware version from the official website.
- Proceeding on, you have to download the custom firmware file for PS4 jailbreak.
- Using the extraction program that you downloaded earlier, extract the downloaded file.
- Now you have to insert your USB into the system and copy the extracted file into the ‘root’ of USB and not in any other folder.
- Leave your PC and move to your console; make sure you have turned off the console before inserting the USB. Then turn it on and wait for a while.
- Now you have to move to Settings of console>System update>Update through storage media>Proceed. Once you have done this sequentially, it will take 10-15 minutes to install custom firmware.
- Once you have finished following all the steps in the given manner, you will see your console running v3.50 cfw, a custom firmware, that shows that you have jailbroken PS4 effectively. Now you can enjoy downloading your favorite PlayStation games and contents that were restricted earlier.
You can also add up mods, different themes, and other numerous features as you desire!
Also Check: PS5 vs Xbox Series X
Advantages of a PS4 Jailbreak
Now that we’ve covered the tutorial to assist you in jailbreaking your PS4, let’s have a look at the benefits and drawbacks of jailbreaking your PS4.
- As previously said, consumers choose to jailbreak their PS4 in order to download games for free or at a significantly reduced cost. One of the most significant advantages of jailbreaking your PS4 is this.
- Another incredible feature is that after jailbreaking, you may play PS2 or PS3 games on your PS4, which is normally not feasible.
- You can modify the ROM to your liking and use various modifications and themes in your games. Your PS4 console will not allow you to customize Rom without a jailbreak.
Disadvantages of a PS4 Jailbreak
Jailbreaking your PS4 has both benefits and drawbacks. The following are some of the flaws:
- It’s important to remember that jailbreaking your PS4 voids the console’s warranty. Sony’s customer support department will not assist you if you have an issue with the console.
- It won’t let you install new games, so you’ll have to wait until they’re pirated or find another way.
- If you want to play online multiplayer games like PUBG, you should forget about it because you can’t play online games once your PS4 has been jailbroken.
- It will become more difficult to connect to the PlayStation network. After jailbreaking your PS4, you may be barred or banned.